Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2010 an EPIC exploration Into my favorite art..

I swear ever since Nas put the call out that "Hip-Hop" was dead the music has expanded in a manner which i never thought it would..

When i first heard that joint i was a little undecided on how i felt about it..but i definitely agreed that their was not enough GOOD music coming out of hip-hop and that Hip-Hop would never Die!..It felt like every week their was a new variation of laughy taffy".. the music I think has come to a crazy futuristic renaissance though HA..
I can say that cause its Hip-Hop..
just look at 2010 for an example.. CLASSICKS...

Kanye West- Storytellers << 808's in heartbreaks was Raw emotion..came from out of strong emotion how could it not be ILL live

Lil Wayne- Rebirth<< no one is bold enough to go wit me on this fight.. i can't blame them.. but i eff's wit Wayne and truly believe he is a musical genius whose lyrical content is their!

Ludacris- Battle of the Sexes << I felt the theme i like where he took it..If u gotta system it worked super well for the pre-game ride..

Meth,Ghost, & Rae-  Wu-Massacre<< I felt like even the album cover(s) were epic collectable for a Hip-Hop head who rocks wit the WU..

Murs and 9th Wonder- Fornever<< I have never disliked them together i just think they work

Wiz- Kush and Orange Juice << i could appretiate the sound; Everybody else liked it..Im just not really sold on Wiz lyrical content out of the context of MJ

Devin the Dude- Suite 420<< Devins style makes it hard not to rock wit him

Nas & Damien Marley- Distant Relatives << I dont think ppl really see how big this was.. the message was powerful which u can only expect..

Reflection Eternal- Revolutions per minute << I thought it was crazy they did another joint together...i was hype

Travis Mccoy- Lavarus << he is a poet..I roxx wit Gym Class heroes

Drake- Thank Me Later<< Epic.. u couldnt avoid it during the summer..it was all around u

(Honerable Mention) Em- Recovery << maybe i just don't like his style..lyrical content is always their

Big Boi- Sir Locious Left Foot<< I could never dislike anything from the Kast.. Shutterbug gave you a feeling you could not avoid..Big Boi is ill

Curren$y- Pilot talk << Curren$y now i believe is iller than when he was running wit wayne.. like the feel of this CD a lot

Curren$y- Pilot Talk II << his album covers are are super dope to me... another great one even though the first one was more of my ish..

Rick Ross- The Teflon Don<< Entertainer... Who knows what the guy is really about..but when it comes to putting a good  Album together that fits into his style this is his bet yet...outstanding compilation

Bun B- Trill O.G. << I like it.. but 5 stars? I think this is a make-up 5 stars from the source cause Bun is a legend in the game and deserves the respect...

Kid Cudi- Man on the Moon II << I was kinda hoping Cudi made a less dark album this go around cause ppl refer to him as the emo rapper..but his stuff is highly relatable and originally emotional.. and Only child like myself can rock wit it because im a loner at times

Lloyd Banks- H.F.M.2<< enjoyed the sound and his voice is unique making it always intresting when he drops..

T.I.- No Mercy<< i didn't like as much as i usually like TIPs joints but it goes

David Banner & 9th Wonder- Death of a Pop Star<< The Message

(Highly Honorable Metion) Nikki Minaj- Pink Friday << She probably could take 90% of the game lyrically..she sold well and females rock wit her hard..I just couldnt really do it..

and i still wanna listen to Redman, Ghostface, and Slim thugs latest

N.E.R.D dropped and so did Lo artist wit true talent..

Pharrell even Produced the Score for the Despicable Me movie...Wow..

(2) Kanye West- Dark and Twisted Fantasy<< Kanye never ceeses to amaze me where he takes his art..felt like a long hiatus when Kanye wasnt talking his ish.. But creating a Movie that displays his creativity and captivates your attion is engenius to me.. It was Super Dope and he incorperated brother Gil Scott-Heron

(1)The Roots- How I got Over<< The Album of the Year (if it does not win the grammy I will be disapointed as usual by something that will never really I believe come through for the art form)..The Roots have made so many insightful peices of art for the world to endulge in and even though it is extremely hard to choose the best one from their catoloug this is by far the best eclectic mix of soulful sound with a lyricist I have heard in a minute..it was POWERFUL.. best album of the year


(1 Mixtape) Big K.R.I.T- Wuz Here << and individual who does not apologize for being country he is fully accepting of the gifts and the curses of the life that he puts on wax.. man its hearfelt and makes my trunk thump.. the content is much needed


Wale and J.Cole always make crazy good mixtapes that put me in a good spot when they are realesed but a joint that i dont think many people even know exisisted that shook up my time being was Ceelo- Stray bullits.. mixtape hit my soul..Lo is good for that.. Diddy is always great at putting compelations together so i like the Last Train to Paris a lot

Man music gets me through this life and im in love with Hip-Hop the Art keeps me alive and i thank God for a woderful creative year from these artist..one of the better years of my young Hip-Hop life..

R&B has been stuck on Miguel- All I want is you<< he should be the best new artist for anybodies award show..

No comments:

Post a Comment