Monday, June 23, 2008

Soulja Boy+HipHop= DEATH to HIP-HOP

Recently on a mixtape LEGENDARY rapper Ice-T had this to say

In June 2008, Ice-T criticized Soulja Boy for "killing hip-hop" on DJ Cisco’s Urban Legend mixtape. In the mixtape, Ice-T said, “Fuck Soulja Boy". Eat a dick. This nigga single handedly killed Hip Hop.” He then criticized "Crank That", saying, "That shit is such garbage man. We came all the way from Rakim, we came all the way from Das EFX, we came all the way from motherfuckers flowing like Big Daddy Kane and Ice Cube, and you come with that Superman shit? That shit is garbage.” Ice-T also goes after Hurricane Chris (rapper), saying, “Hurricane take them fucking beads out of your hair nigga. Man up. You niggas is making me feel real fucking mad about this shit.

I found this truly hilarious and wondered why it took so long for someone prominent to the game to say this shit!!!(excuse my language) But I had been saying this for so long my peers agreed but it just seemed like no one in the Game (past or present) was addressing it until The LEGEND Ice-T.

Soulja Boy's Response



So after watching this Soulja Boy Got less respect from me because I just feel like he should not have said anything. His groupies made him look whack and him Disrespecting a legend and not just keeping his mouth shut didn't surprise me "kids these Days" his response was not funny and sounded like a Cry for help! (maybe he knows he can't rap?)

But on the other hand he did make a couple good points
*I respect Soulja boy's entrepreneurship mindset and the fact that he made it
* Ice T really didn't have to tell the little kid to "Eat a Dick"
* and maybe he was sort of right when he said Ice T could have reached out to him and helped his skills

But then I started to realize little kids like that very seldom take well to advice they must mature first, just listened to how he responded(CHILD)....... Then Ice T responded with this Video



This was the perfect response and I Felt that this in fact is what Ice-T should have put out in the first place!
Much respect to this Video!
*Especially at the end when his says "I'm 16 EAT A DICK soulja Boy"

he is a fad that survived off of Kid's and White people
Soulja Boy is POP and A blatant disrespect to the art form of HIP-HOP, if u want to make dance music do so and name it such! but when u take Rhythm and Poetry and change it to make it whack! you are in Fact trying to Kill HIP HOP (which I think will never Die because of other strong Artist) but I wish u would Resign from making music or study the game and start producing something that sounds respectable!!!!
so now I just can not wait for this mans 15 minutes to fade out!
I hope he saved some money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment